Before submitting their applications, the majority of candidates aspiring to work with FIRS inquire about the FIRS Salary Structure.FIRS employees are remunerated using the CONRAISS salary scale, which is consistent with other agencies under the Federal Ministry of Finance.
Established in 1943, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) operates as one of the Federal Government’s departments, tasked with the vital responsibility of monitoring and collecting taxes from registered establishments operating within Nigeria’s territorial waters.
In this article, the primary focus will be on the FIRS Salary Structure, the compensation scale for recent B.Sc. and HND graduates, along with the qualifications required for entry-level positions.
By the end of this post, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the FIRS wage structure for graduate trainees.
- Nigerian Navy Salary Structure, Ranks
- Civil Defence Salary Structure, Ranks For B.Sc.,
- Federal Fire Service Salary Structure and Allowance
As a fresh graduate, upon submitting the necessary documents and completing the application process, you will be placed on Level 8.
This serves as an excellent starting point in any government agency, particularly at FIRS, as it offers ample opportunities for career progression and advancement through the ranks.
The Services Federal Inland Revenue Service Offer
The FIRS offers a range of services, and once you become part of the team, you will be assigned to a specific department to carry out your duties diligently.
- e-Stamp Duty Collection: Click HERE to access comprehensive details on FIRS e-stamp duty charges.
- TaxPro-Max: Utilize TaxPro-Max, a tool provided by FIRS for tax professionals to enhance their efficiency.
- TIN Verification: Verify Tax Identification Numbers (TIN) through the designated platform.
- Transfer Pricing e-filing Platform: Facilitating seamless e-filing for transfer pricing matters.
- VAT Certificate: Obtain VAT certificates as needed.
- VAT Automation Programme: Benefit from FIRS’s VAT automation initiative.
Working with FIRS presents exciting opportunities in the government sector. Depending on your role, you may receive additional tools to optimize your performance.
To be considered for a position with FIRS, ensure you meet the qualifications required for the specific role you are applying for.
FIRS Salary Structure for Recent Graduates 2023
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) offers a monthly compensation schedule for recent graduates, as indicated below:
- B.Sc/BA/LLB, B.Engr: Starting at Level 8 with a monthly net salary of 159,000 Naira.
- HND: Starting at Level 8 with a monthly net salary of 159,000 Naira.
Note: The above figures represent the monthly net salaries for graduates joining FIRS at Level 8 in 2023.
FIRS Salary Structure for Junior and Senior Tax Officers
For Junior VAT Collection Officers, the starting level and monthly salary structure are not applicable (N.A.), while Senior Tax Officers begin at Level 12 with a monthly net salary of 289,000 Naira.
FIRS Salary Structure for Entry-Level Staff
For an average FIRS employee on Grade Level 8 (GL 8), the annual pay amounts to N1,247,854, which equates to approximately N103,987 per month before pension and tax deductions.
Meanwhile, a FIRS employee on Grade Level 7 (GL 7) earns an annual salary of N1,073,217, equivalent to about N89,434 per month before pension and tax deductions.
In addition to the basic FIRS Salary Structure, FIRS employees are entitled to various allowances. However, these allowances are contingent upon certain factors such as years of service, location, position held, and other specific requirements.
As you progress in your career within the organization, your salary will proportionately increase in accordance with the service ladder.